2016 Annual General Meeting
The 2016 Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held at the Convention Centre Dublin, Ireland on Sunday, 31 July 2016. The meeting was chaired by Professor Brian Harvey, Head of Department Molecular Medicine at The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. The meeting saw David Eisner appointed as President for a two year term. Please see the AGM presentation and AGM minutes for a more detailed overview of the meeting.
The following members of Council stood down:
- Richard Vaughan-Jones (outgoing President)
- Blair Grubb (outgoing Chair of Education & Outreach Committee)
- Judy Harris (outgoing Deputy Chair of Education & Outreach Committee)
- Mary Morrell (outgoing Chair of Policy Committee)
- Lucia Sivilotti
The Society offers thanks to these outgoing members of Council.
Four members were elected to Council as Trustees:
- Federico Formenti
- Sarah Hall, Chair of Education & Outreach Committee
- Bridget Lumb, President elect
- Graham McGeown
Five individuals were awarded Honorary membership of The Society.
- Annette Dolphin
- W Jon Lederer
- Ian McGrath
- Clive Orchard
- Wolf Singer
The next AGM will take place on Wednesday, 12 July 2017 at the Wellcome Collection.