- About us
- Scientific meetings
- Grants and funding
- Grant Making Policy
- Meetings grants
- Travel grants
- Departmental seminar scheme
- Outreach grants
- Public engagement grants
- Support for undergraduates
- Benevolent fund
- International grants
- Paton Prize Bursary
- Research grants
- Teaching grants
- Education and resources
- Higher education workshops
- Postgraduate / early career
- Techniques workshops
- Physiology jobs
- In vivo short courses
- Media galleries
- Rob Clarke Awards
- Press centre
- Public engagement
Becoming a Member
Membership of The Physiological Society offers you access to the largest network of physiologists in Europe.
Our aim is to support physiology to ensure it remains at the forefront of biological and medical research. Whether you are established in your career or starting out in the field of physiology, we have a membership option for you.
Be part of our growing membership of over 3000 and access unrivalled networking opportunities to develop and further your career in physiology. The Society’s events are a great way to keep up-to-date with research developments, present your own work and forge new collaborations with other Members. Our annual Main Meeting is now one of the biggest international physiological meetings in the calendar, attracting over 1000 scientists from around the world.
Members benefit from reduced registration rates for our events, free online access to The Physiological Society’s leading journals – The Journal of Physiology and Experimental Physiology – and travel grants to attend scientific meetings.
Join now to:
- New research from across the discipline is presented at our scientific meetings
- Free online access to cutting edge research published in The Physiological Society's journals: The Journal of Physiology and Experimental Physiology – both with growing impact factors
- Free online access to Physiology - a journal published by The International Union of Physiological Sciences and The American Physiological Society (Members - please follow the subscription instructions to receive this benefit)
- The opportunity to attend Society events at a discounted rate
- Our Members’ website provides online networking opportunities and links to Member-specific initiatives
Support your career and physiology as a discipline...
- Grant funding for travel, attendance at scientific meetings and outreach projects
- Training in specialist techniques
What membership suits you?
Find more information on membership options.
New membership applications
To apply for membership please visit our online applications service, where you can create a new account and navigate to My Applications.
To renewal your existing membership please visit our online applications service and log in.