Cardiac Physiologist – New Zealand’s Leading Cardiac Service
Flexible Tenure - Full Time Permanent/fixed term positions
Experience the Auckland NZ life style!
New Zealand’s largest teaching & training hospital
Relocation support provided
Qualified Cardiac Physiologist positions are available for adventurous and hard working full time permanent or fixed term (minimum 6 months) physiologists to join our dynamic and dedicated team at Auckland City Hospital.
The hospital is the largest in New Zealand and is based in the heart of Auckland City which has been voted the 5th best city in the world. The city is set in a pristine marine-based environment with a temperate climate and has a population of 1.3 million. It has a vibrant mixture of lifestyles and cultures and offers easy access to stunning and diverse scenery and a wonderful range of outdoor pursuits. With its beautiful countryside and dynamic metropolitan centres, New Zealand offers a lifestyle to suit all types of people. Come and enjoy the Kiwi lifestyle!
The role supports the elective and acute care across a wide range of diagnostic and interventional procedures for adult patients and provides the national service for paediatric and ACHD patients.
Procedures performed at Auckland City Hospital include:
- Coronary and PCI studies (we are the primary PCI service for the Auckland/Northland region)
- Transplant assessments & RHS using FICK and thermo dilution cardiac output methods
- Full range of Electrophysiology studies, diagnostic and ablation including 3D. These are provided for adult and paediatric/ADHD patients.
- All catheter diagnostic & interventional procedures for paediatric and ACHD patients
- Implantation of permanent pacemakers and ICDs as well as lead extractions
- Non-invasive work encompasses: Holter Monitoring, Event Monitoring, NIBP monitoring, ETT supervision and Pacemaker/ICD clinics. Travelling Pacemaker/ICD clinics are also provided to other Northern region hospitals.
We have 3 adult labs and one paediatric lab together with a hybrid theatre. This is a busy and complex service that will continue to challenge any Cardiac Physiologist. You are not expected to have achieved competency in all the above procedures. Due to the volumes and complexity of procedures, Physiologists typically work across two specialties according to their competency levels and needs of the service.
Reporting to the Charge Cardiac Physiologist, you’ll be fully qualified and hold Post Graduate Diploma of Medical Technology (Cardiac) + Certification of Cardiac Physiologists (CCP SCT) or equivalent.
Note:This role has NO involvement in echocardiography; if this is your speciality this is not the position for you.
Your qualifications must enable you to be registered with the Clinical Physiologists Registration Board (CPRB)
For more information, please contact Fiona Riddell on +64 9 307 4949 extn 23312 or email@example.com
To apply, please visit www.careers.adhb.govt.nz quoting reference number CEN00458 make an online application attaching your latest CV and cover letter. Please remember to complete the pre-screening questions. For help with your online application, please contact Kaval Patel, Recruitment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org reference number CEN00458
Closing date: 28 February 2017