Membership & Grants Committee
Reporting to Council, the Committee is responsible for oversight and leadership of The Society’s strategy on membership and disbursement of grants, specifically:
- To review membership categories, recommend whether any changes are required and how these might be governed.
- To review and have oversight of Travel Grants and their administration, taking into account our charitable objectives.
- To coordinate and ensure appropriate oversight and governance across all other Society grants, awards and prizes (excluding selection, which is the responsibility of relevant Committees).
- To carry out periodic reviews of all grants and awards and advise Council as to their types, amounts, criteria and frequency, in consultation with other Committees as required.
- Provide on-going oversight of our membership and related activities, including the role of and support for Society Representatives in institutions.
- The committee will review annually its terms of reference and its own effectiveness and recommend any changes to Council.
- To oversee The Society’s obligations with respect to public benefit and other statutory reporting as regards tom membership and grants
- To make recommendations in respect of membership subscriptions rates, travel grant awards and allocations and, from time-to-time, the budgetary aspects of other grants.