- Grants & Prizes
- Education & Outreach
- Media Centre
- About us
Outreach Grant Scheme
We start to learn about physiology from a young age, yet many will never comprehend what a truly incredible piece of machinery the body is. As a physiologist, you can help us change this.
Encouraging dialogue between scientists and school children or members of the public, is the first step to sparking an interest in physiology- or even a career – and we think there is no one better to do this than our Members.
If you are keen to share your passion for the science of life with some new audiences, there are several ways The Society can help you.
Outreach Grants offer Members of The Society up to £1000 per calendar year for activities supporting primary, secondary and tertiary education, and events promoting the discussion of physiology with public audiences. We are especially keen to engage hard to reach audiences.
Through this funding, we are supporting our Members to:
- Ignite an interest in physiology, amongst audiences of all ages
- Stimulate physiologists to share their stories, passion and expertise with wider audiences.
- Encourage the development of positive attitudes towards science and support teaching in biology at all levels
- Enhance communication skills of our Members and raise the profile of their research.
- Support formal and informal learning.
- Produce a legacy of ideas and activities that can continue to be used for further public engagement and outreach work.
Are you interested in outreach but not quite ready to apply for a grant? The Society provides a number of ways to help you take your first steps into outreach. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about how you can work with The Society to produce activities on our upcoming themes, or sign up to our volunteer mailing list to join us at various events throughout the year.