Pfizer supports a number of Pfizer awards, with prizes of £250 each, which are made to Affiliate Members of The Society for Oral Communications given at The Society’s annual Main Meeting, Physiology, according to the following rules:
- Up to six Pfizer Prizes will be awarded each year on the basis of Oral Communications given at The Society’s Main Meeting.
- Candidates for a Pfizer Prize should be registered for a higher degree by research in a department of a higher education institute in the UK or RoI. Normally, Prizes will be awarded not more than four years from the date of the initial registration.
- Entrants may submit only one abstract for consideration for a Prize. When the entrant is not the sole author, the supervisor should provide a statement of the relative contributions made by co-authors.
- Submissions will be judged by a review panel of at least two, typically including one nominee each of Pfizer, the Meetings Secretary and the relevant Theme Lead. Panel members shall not belong to the same department as any of the entrants.
- The panel will take account of the quality of the abstracts, presentations and discussions.
- The panel decision will be published on The Society website after the Meeting and the successful candidate(s) will be notified via email.
Deadline for the receipt of nominations is 1 June 2012.