What The Society aims to achieve with public engagement
Through our various event and grant schemes, we aim to achieve the following through our public engagement work:
- Foster communities of public audiences that have a clear understanding of physiology, and engage with them in a dialogue about physiology.
- Increase recognition of physiology as a discipline and the relevance to life and communicate its importance.
- Raise the profile of The Society and highlight the contributions of physiology to medicine and society among new and existing audiences: secondary school students, educators, the adult general public and the media as well as other learned societies and the science communication community.
- Inspire younger audiences to study physiology.
- Support and encourage physiologists at formative stages in their careers to engage with the public with outreach activities.
- Be a leading organisation in best practice public engagement in the British Isles and beyond.