Associate membership is for those who have an active and genuine interest in the life sciences as part of their career. You do not meet the criteria for other categories of membership but wish to join a community of like-minded individuals and have access to and benefit from our professional network and educational and teaching resources. This community is a broad spectrum of non-research orientated individuals, which include:
- Biology Teachers
- Lab technicians / assistants
- Physiotherapists / Occupational therapists
- Healthcare Professionals (GP’s / Nurses)
- Non-research clinicians
- Fitness instructors
- Related cognate Company/Society staff
Please note that this list is not exhaustive. If you are unsure, please telephone us to discuss your particular circumstances.
In 2014, Associate membership costs £48, or £38 by Direct Debit. See our payment options for further information.
- Discounted Society Meetings
- Free online access to The Journal of Physiology and Experimental Physiology
- Quarterly Members’ magazine, Physiology News
- 35% discount on Wiley books
- Free registration for techniques workshops to gain invaluable practical skills
- Free use of hot desks at our London HQ (subject to pre-booking and availability; contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 20% discount off published charity room rates, including our auditorium, here at Hodgkin Huxley House
- Access to online networking
What do I need to do?
To join as an Associate Member you will need to fill in an application form and have a proposer – someone who is a Member of The Society. Should you need help finding a proposer, we are happy to help: please click here.
Once you are ready to proceed, click 'Join now!' and login to access the application form. If you haven't done so already, you will be asked to create an account before continuing.