Departmental Seminar Scheme grants
If your department is seeking to attract guest speakers, The Physiological Society can help. The Departmental Seminar Scheme (DSS) has been set up to help with the costs of attracting visiting speakers. By contributing to the costs of travel and accommodation, we aim to support members hosting seminars on a physiological research area.
Funding available is dependent on the number of full Members and Affiliates in your organisation:
- An institution with <12 Members is eligible for a maximum of £250
- An institution with 12–40 Members is eligible for a maximum of £800
- An institution with 41–70 Members is eligible for a maximum of £1050
- An institution with >70 Members is eligible for a maximum of £1500*
Society Reps are asked to coordinate and submit applications on behalf of their institution.
Terms and Conditions
- All applications must be submitted in advance of the seminar scheme and by 30 September 2016 at the latest.
- All applications must be submitted by the Society Representative.
- A maximum of one grant can be made per institution, per academic year.
- The level of funding available for your institution will be determined by the number of full Members and Affiliates, as outlined above. The number of members at each institution is calculated on 30 July each year. Please contact us to determine the level of funding your institution may apply for.
- Institutions will be granted with funds to support an unlimited number of seminars up to the maximum grant they are eligible for, with not more than £250 allocated per seminar.
- Joint applications are welcome, however, funds will be granted to each institution on an individual basis according to the number of Members they each have. This applies to all institutions.
- Funding must be used to support speakers' travel, accommodation and lunch costs only.
- Advertising should acknowledge sponsorship by The Society, and the logo should be used in accordance with Society guidelines.
- Grants are awarded on a first-come first-served basis.
- Reps are required to provide details of those attending seminars to enable The Society to track activity engagement and potential member lead generation.
- All institutions awarded a DSS Grant will be required to submit a report, providing details of the seminar programme and how the funds were used, by 31 July 2017.
For further information regarding this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Physiological Society is committed to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion, and thereby welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds.