Organise an exciting two day scientific meeting to raise your profile, expand your network and build on your professional development portfolio of skills.
- The funding is intended for new events and is not to be used to support one in an existing series.
- You may only apply and receive one award in a five year period.
- Funding is available to individuals only and is not intended to be used by other cognate societies or commercial organisations, although they may provide additional funding or sponsor such events.
- The funding is intended to cover speaker expenses as per The Society’s geographical banding.
- These are Society owned and marketed events. Other sponsors will be termed as “in association with” or “supported by” and will not have influence over either the terms or conditions of the funding or the scientific programme.
- A registration fee may be charged. These fees go directly to The Society and are not considered additional funding for the event.
Roles and responsibilities
The Society will:
- Work with you on selecting and booking the most appropriate venue for the meeting
- Manage all venue, AV and catering logistics
- Market and promote the event to the membership
- Prepare and manage the budget
- Provide online registration services
- Provide advice on local accommodation
- Liaise with invited speakers
- Manage online abstract submission
- Collate abstracts for scientific review
- Conduct ethical review of abstracts
- Issue invoices for any additional sponsorship secured
- Provide a printed programme booklet
- Prepare badges for all participants
- Order all refreshments
- Process all speaker reimbursements (to agreed budgets)
- Provide on the day logistical and event management
- Provide all conference materials (pens, notepads, lanyards)
The organisers will:
- Invite the speakers
- Compile the final programme including timings
- Review all abstracts
- Select oral communications, being mindful of geographical and scientific balance
- Produce the final order of abstracts
- Assist with marketing and promotion
- Chair sessions
- Provide a final written report of event outcomes for Physiology News and the website
- Secure additional sponsorship, if required