Members can receive funding support to hold one day satellite symposia running concurrently with our Annual Conference at an alternate location. They are an excellent platform to disseminate high quality research to a wide physiology audience.Apply for a Satellite symposium grant
Only current Members or Affiliates of The Society may apply.
All applications will be reviewed and selected on a competitive basis by members of the Meetings Committee and selected external reviewers.
Our Journals may invite reviews at their discretion, but it will NOT be compulsory for organisers or speakers to agree to provide reviews.
The Society is committed to increasing equality and diversity in the physiological sciences. Our work in this area permeates throughout all of our activities, organisers will be asked to commit to an aspirational target of 50% female representation of speakers, with a compulsory minimum of 33%. We will continue to work towards fair geographical balance as well as fair representation of both junior and senior research scientists.
The funding is intended for new events and is not to be used to support one in an existing series.
You may only apply and receive one award in a five year period.
Funding is available to individuals only and is not intended to be used by other cognate societies or commercial organisations, although they may provide additional funding or sponsor such events.
The funding is intended to cover speaker expenses as per The Society’s geographical banding.
These are Society owned and marketed events. Other sponsors will be termed as “in association with” or “supported by” and will not have influence over either the terms or conditions of the funding or the scientific programme.
Roles and responsibilities
The Society will:
- Select and book the venue, AV and additional facilities.
- Market and promote the event to the membership.
- Prepare and manage the budget.
- Provide online registration services.
- Provide advice on local accommodation.
- Liaise with invited speakers.
- Manage online abstract submission.
- Collate abstracts for scientific review.
- Conduct ethical review of abstracts.
- Issue invoices for any additional sponsorship secured.
- Provide a printed programme booklet.
- Provide up to 20 poster boards (A0 portrait).
- Prepare badges for all participants.
- Order all refreshments.
- Process all speaker reimbursements (to agreed budgets).
- Provide on the day logistical and event management.
- Provide all conference materials (pens, notepads, lanyards).
The organiser will:
- Invite the speakers.
- Produce the final order of abstracts.
- Compile the final programme including timings.
- Select oral communications (if applicable).
- Assist with marketing and promotion.
- Provide a final written report of event outcomes for Physiology News and the website.
- Secure additional sponsorship, if required.