The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is taking place on 10 July 2019 at Physiology 2019. It will be held in the Balmoral Suite of the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre. Registration will open from 11:45 BST and the AGM will commence at 12:00 BST and will conclude at 13:30 BST. Lunch will be provided.
The final agenda is as follows:
- To elect the Chair
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 16 September 2018
- To stand in memory of deceased Members
- To note the 2019 Honorary Members
- To receive and consider a report by the President
- To receive and consider a report by the Chief Executive
- To receive and consider the Trustees’ Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31 December 2018
- To note the 2020 subscription rates
- To appoint the auditors
Ordinary resolution to re-appoint haysmacintyre LLP(Chartered Accountants) as the auditors for The Society until the next annual general meeting and to authorise Council to fix their remuneration. To be effective, this resolution must be passed by a simple majority of Members voting (in person or by proxy) on a poll taken in such manner as the Chair directs.
- To review and consider a revised Membership Code of Professional Conduct
- To receive and consider a report by the Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of Physiology
- To receive and consider a report on behalf of the Editor-in-Chief of Experimental Physiology
- To receive and consider a report by the Editor-in-Chief of Physiological Reports
- Any other business
If, as a voting Member, you are unable to attend the AGM you are encouraged to appoint a proxy to exercise your right to attend, speak and vote on your behalf. If you wish to do so, please complete the webform below no later than 12:00 BST 8 July 2019.
A proxy need not be a Member of The Society and completion of the proxy form will not preclude a Member from attending and voting in person, should he or she subsequently wish to do so.