We are delighted to bring back our annual physiology baking competition for its sixth year!
If you are able to use sugar craft to show cell division, or shortcrust pastry to demonstrate muscle function, savoury or sweet, we want to see it.
- Each entry must solely be the work of the entrant/s whose name and email is on the submission form. Multiple entries are allowed, however, only one prize per person/group will be awarded.
- All submissions must have the Bio-Bakes 2019 print-out in the submitted photograph.
- Photos must be submitted in the JPEG format. Please save the file with your full name followed by BB19. E.g. FredFlintstoneBB19.
- The photo of the finished cake must not contain a watermark or identification of the maker, so that judging can be neutral.
- We ask each baker to provide a one line description (100 characters) of how their bake illustrates the body at work.
- Entries must be submitted by the stated deadline. The short-list will be chosen by the judges and public voting will commence thereafter. The winners may be notified by email, on Facebook, Instagram or on Twitter.
The judges will shortlist the entries for the public vote. The overall winner will be chosen according to a public vote closing on the day of Physiology Friday.
Is public voting open?
Not yet. Voting opens on the Thursday before Physiology Friday. Voting takes place on this page when it is open.